Time to Think Day Foundation Course, ONLINE, 15th, 16th and 19th June 2020
Timing: 10.00-12.15 and 1.15 to 3.30 each day
NB Course fee remains the same at £660 (no increase for extra day)
What is the Foundation Course and what happens online?
Usually this is an intensive 2-Day course ‘in the room’ with 6 hours of learning and practice on each day.
Online this is now an intensive and highly experiential course chunked down into 2-hr segments spread over 3 days which is brain-friendly and less tiring for all. The course is designed to explore the theory and then demonstrate the practical applications of the 10 foundational Components of the Thinking Environment®. Everything you’ll experience is designed to stimulate and support the thinking of each person in a group or meeting, resulting in better communication, deeper understanding, precise decision making and more energy.
Adapting this to take place on line has been challenging and fascinating in equal measure, with participants pleased – even delighted – to find how well the principles and ‘processes’ generate new thinking and ideas online.
Beginning with specific ‘building blocks’ such as Thinking Pairs and Rounds we build up to a full practice meeting and a Time to Think Council, putting everything into place. This is vital expertise for coaches, leaders and managers, for anyone looking to create workshops and learning modules, and is exceptional professional development.
Who is this course for?
Curious and interested people. Executives, managers, HR / OD professionals, facilitators, coaches, mentors, consultants, leaders – all those who want to become skilled in creating ideal conditions online and ‘in the room’, where people’s thinking can flourish. The course is highly participatory and teaches this process in depth, with a maximum of 10 participants.
What are the aims and objectives?
- To identify and explore the 10 Components and the related behaviours that establish a Thinking Environment® online and in person
- To examine the ways in which everyday communication structures such as meetings, discussion, presentations, facilitation, resolving conflict, and working with colleagues and staff can be transformed into clear-thinking, invigorating, positive experiences
- To practice the building blocks of Thinking Pairs, Rounds, Open Discussion and Dialogue using ‘live’ topics of immediate value to you
- To experience a Transformed Meeting, a Time to Think Council and a Thinking Partnership Session
- To leave energised, refreshed and committed to using some or all of this in your workplace and life